Monday, October 28, 2013

Should I stay or Should I go...

While I sit here at my computer killing time at this mundane job, I feel torn about what to do with my life. It seems the time for changes is upon us, should I stay or should I go...

I never thought moving overseas for the second time was going to be easy, but I didn't think it would be quite this hard.

Transporting you back four years to a time where my London life was something out of a dream, lavish parities, flowing champagne, load of celebrities.

This time I'm just living a normal life. Is this really where I want to be living my normal life or would it just be easier to admit defeat and head home with my tail between my legs to start setting roots up where it matters. 


So here I tell the story of simple ex-pat life...


There is two sides to any ex-pat journey and mine is no different. There is the golden side and there is the dark side. 


This dark side I'm talking about is when you see everything that's been happening at home, all your friends seems to be getting married, buying houses and moving forwards with their careers. And what am I doing with my life?


Yes, I have some amazing memories but what does the future hold for someone who is constantly moving around. 


Here is a little insight to my life at the moment. I work Monday through Friday from 8-6. My commute takes 45 to an hour, including a bus and the underground (Let me tell you the joy of catching a red double decker bus wears off after you have to do it daily. Sure the tube is great and exciting when your a tourist but morning or evening rush hour takes the glimmer away
). I pay my extravagant rent for my tiny room and my monthly bills, this leaves me with just enough money to buy a weekly travel card and food for the week. Not exactly living the high life. Thank-god partying is still free, but I rarely get to enjoy it because I've got to be up at 6 am to start my day again. On the weekend I'm free to travel and catchup with my friends but because we are all in the same boat, it make it tricky. 

Don't get me wrong I love living in another country. There is so much to see and do. I love soaking up all the country has to offer. I have seen amazing sight, met amazing people and done some crazy things. I wouldn't change anything in my life because it's made me the person I am today. These are the stories I'm going to be telling my grand-kids one day...or my cats depending if I get lucky enough to meet a nice man. This is that golden side I was telling you about.. 


I think it's all about doing what makes you happy. If living abroad isn't it any more then maybe it's time to go home...


Writing this down is the most discussion I've had on the matter. Maybe I'm over-thinking this one. But knowing my doubts are there, maybe it's time to accept what fate has in store for me, including moving on. I'm just waiting for the signs…


Follow me on Instagram.


Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails